An open-source software is basically defined as software in which the source code is open to all kinds of programmers to modify, create or even share without actually paying the licensing fees. This is something that companies like Apple do all the time. Apple does this almost every single year with their worldwide developer’s conference (WWDC). They give software developers an open-source API into their software, so that they can do all kinds of modification and also, they can create all kinds of applications that will work with their devices.
The category actually covers a huge variety of all kinds of open projects developers can integrate with so that they can create all kinds of useful applications. This helps artificial intelligence, speech recognition, automobile, music recognition, art recognition, food recognition, entertainment database, application development, healthcare, fitness and also finances and banking.
It is very important that you know the difference between open API and open source AP. An open API is something that allows a company to publicly expose the functions and data for developers so that they can create third-party applications. An open-source API, on the other hand, is basically an integration tool that would connect developers to an open-source product or even service.
1. ONLYOFFICE API is an open-source platform for all kinds of business collaboration and project management. This particular platform includes software for managing the projects and also collaborating with the members. It exposes the functionality to the platform and gives the developers all kinds of access to it. The users can actually perform standard operations on the files, projects, forums, people and groups.
2. GitLab API is the next one that I would like to talk about. It happens to be an open-source platform for all kinds of developers who are collaborating on code and coding projects. It allows the developers to retrieve and also manage the users and post about issues. It also helps them manage project information. It is available everywhere.
3. Odoo API platform has more than 3000 free open source business applications that companies can make use of to build a web presence. It integrates sales and CRM systems. It also helps with productivity and recruiting of employees.
4. Moodle API is an open-source burning management system which is completely designed to teach social theories. Students and educators can actually benefit from this kind of modular PHP system, which aims to personalise learning environments. It has all kinds of functions for access, navigation, data manipulation, enrolment, media and more.
5. Animal shelter manager API happens to be an open-source software product for the management of animal shelters. It is data about animals, adoption, care and shelter as well. A system which is geared toward animal shelters is certainly important.